Work with the engineering team in performing the following functions. These are the significant essential duties of this position, other occasional work assignments may not be detailed here.
- Provide S/W integration support to local engineers, customers, or off site teams
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of current and future automotive systems operation (e.g. eAVB, different flavors of CAN, Etc.)
- Working understanding of software design specific to 3rd party Android application development
- Assist customers in modifying/implementing software design
- Plan and communicate feature development with engineering team leads
- Document and track issues, maintain the list through the life of the program
- Communicate information to assist engineering team in Japan
- Plan and deliver to a software release schedule
- Maintain files and distribution to customer and other stakeholders
- Coordinate with HMI team(s) to evaluate, implement and integrate HMI and application software
Requirements Management and Validation
- Maintaining and understanding requirements documents.
- Be able to “fill in the holes” in explaining requirements to our design team
- Be able to creatively suggest additional features and requirements that a customer may want
- Support sales team in determining future technology strategies.
Support teleconference meetings with our design team in Japan (typically outside of normal working hours)
- Limited travel to Japan for meetings with our design team.
- Limited travel to customers’ sites for engineering meetings and presentations.
- Analyzes current processes, procedures and systems and makes recommendations for improvement for
- Support and make recommendations to improve Company policies and procedures.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Audio, Video and Communications group by analyzing current processes, procedures and systems and makes recommendations for improvement for own job.
For Quality and applicable site specific Environmental Systems, the associate is responsible for understanding:
- MEAA’s policy and be able to fully discuss the importance of the policy and how his/her job can impact the customer and the environment.
- The risks and consequences associated with deviating from management system procedures and the effect this can have on his/her employment at MEAA.
- Associates responsible for conformity to product requirements have the authority to stop shipment and stop production to correct quality problems.
- The associate has the responsibility and authority to immediately inform supervision or management if another associate or department deviates from proper practices that may impact safety, quality, or the environment.